Acne During Pregnancy, Causes, Effects and How to Tackle Acne?
Pregnancy is, of course, the most beautiful phase of life. Acne during pregnancy is one of the most common problems faced by the ladies. The studies suggest that every second pregnant woman fall victim of acne. Some might suffer the severe acne while some have the mild acne attack during the pregnancy. Some people use acne as a measure to confirm the pregnancy.
A Complete Guide To Deal With Acne During Pregnancy is Here For You Beautiful to Be Mommies:
What Causes Acne During Pregnancy?
The only and only reason which causes acne during pregnancy is the hard level of hormones. The problem is frequent during the first half of gestation. Ideally, the increased hormones lead to the excessive production of sebum and oil which resultantly clogs the skin pores leading to the germination of acne on the skin. The hormone which is individually responsible for the acne eruption during pregnancy is androgen.
Interestingly, all those women who face the acne issues during their monthly cycles are quite prone to pregnancy acne, but the good news is that as the acne, during menstruation cycle disrupts same is the case with pregnancy acne.
Few Quick Tips To Take Care of Pregnancy Acne And Your Skin:
There are few basics to keep in mind when one is facing the pregnancy acne. Here is the list of detail tips to take care of acne prone skin during pregnancy:
- Check the hydration level that is keep drinking water frequently to keep your body hydrated as that helps to clear off the skin.
- Eat right and healthy, as some food can cause the increased androgen levels. The diet plan of the pregnant lady should have healthy and nutritious food.
- It is better to avoid using hard face – washes and washing face too often. Choose mild face- washes instead.
- As, when you have acne it is advisable not to touch your acne and face too often and same is the case during pregnancy.
- A pregnant woman needs complete rest and hence take rest as much as possible to avoid the breakouts.
- Stop trying to squeeze the acne or pop them out as that would only lead to the scars.
- It is better to keep away from oil- based make-up. Also, remove, make- up remains before going to bed to prevent the breakouts.
- Also, it is a good practice to wash hair frequently not to let them get oily. The oily hair too causes the eruption of acne.
- Also, check if you do not have an allergy and do not misunderstand allergy with acne as that too can create troubles.
- Lastly and most importantly, before taking any medication, it is best to make an appointment with the doctor. Some ingredients are not a right option during pregnancy, and hence consultation is necessary.
Home Remedies To Treat Acne:
Pregnancy is a delicate stage and undertaking any medication is a bit harmful, though pregnancy acne does not tend to last for longer. Still, some women get anxious about the acne, and thus we are compiling few breakthrough tips to treat your acne without any harmful, effect. Natural remedies are ideal as they have no adverse effect on the health of pregnant woman and give positive outcomes.
No one can deny the guaranteed benefits of the lemon juice for acne. Citrus fruits include Alpha hydroxy acid that helps to unclog the pores and let your skin breathe. Also, lemon is good anti- bacterial agent and removes the dead skin cells. Apply the lemon juice to the acne and wash your face. In a week the guaranteed results are achieved.
Lemon Juice and Honey Mask:
While lemon heals the acne, honey treats the skin. So, if you are looking for the glowing skin with no scars and no acne- free than trying this face mask is an ideal option. It is easy to make, as all one has to do is mix the drops of lemon juice in honey and mix well. Apply the mask on the problem area or to the whole face and rinse it off with the plain water.
Oats And Cucumber Mask:
Oats are not just healthy for your digestive system, but also they have great skin value. Cucumber and oatmeal face mask gives the smoothening effect to the skin and thereby healing the acne. This cover is easy to prepare, just grind grain with the cucumber and the mask is ready. Cucumbers are best known for their cooling effect, and that is why this face – mask is best for the inflammatory acne.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is known for its high level of cosmetic purpose, and that’s why no one can deny the use of the same for the treatment of acne. It can be applied directly to the acne to help heal pregnancy acne. It has a high quality of fighting with the bacteria causing agents that help to curb the acne formation.
Baking soda is an excellent healer of the acne as it dries out the acne and then the acne slowly fades away. To use baking soda for healing acne is an easy process. Just mix water with the baking soda to form the paste-like mixture. Apply the mix instantly and let it dry for few minutes and wash it off.
Hope, these few terrific home- remedies to treat acne during pregnancy helps you to deal with the acne.
The only caution while taking care of acne pregnancy is to be cautious of medication as there is blooming life inside the womb. Any medication without proper prescription of doctor shall not be taken. Rest, enjoy the best time of woman’s life with our helpful and efficient tips.